Saturday, June 2, 2012

Born This Way Foundation Launch Event @ Harvard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSzlPKGoOTA

Throughout the research that I did for my final project on Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga) I came across this video the launch event that was hosted at Harvard University for Lady Gaga's non-profit, The Born This Way Foundation. It's pretty long so I don't expect you to watch the whole thing however, I thought I would post it for those who are interested in knowing more about her involvement in empowering LGBT homeless youth. When I discovered this video I was surprised to learn that Harvard's graduate school dean, Kathleen McCartney also played a major role in the development of the foundation. She is the woman speaking at the beginning of the video and announces the mission, values, and goals set forth by Stefani Germanotta and her mother, Cynthia. As I mentioned during my presentation, the Born This Way Foundation was founded by Lady Gaga whose vision is to foster a more accepting society, where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated. By developing the Foundation she is committed to creating a "safe community that helped connect young people with the skills and opportunities they need to build a braver, kinder world because she believes that everyone should have the right to feel safe, to be empowered and to make a difference in the world," according to the Foundations mission statement. Additional information about the foundation can be found at: http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment