Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Japense ladies after Tsunami hit

What happens after the 2011 Tsunami in Japan? As we all known, people got negatively affected by this. However I had never realized how much it affected women differently until I start to think about it.

A few months ago, during the winter break, I went to visit Japan. In Tokyo, the fast moving city, people still move around light-speed and dress nicely. However when you go to a grocery store, you will find people look clearly into the details of, let's say a bottle of water, a box of yogurt, etc. What are they checking? After a few conversations with them, I learned that people check where those products were made. If a bottle of water was from the south Japan, and far away from Sendai and Tokyo, people would like to pay more to get this bottle of water than the ones that were made locally or from the North. When I went to my friend's house for dinner, she was talking about the rice we were eating, very proudly. Because the rice were from the south part of Japan which is a bit further away from the radiation.

Clearly, the radiation scared everyone. I remember that before I took the trip to Japan, my doctor, who is really good at using natural herbs and Chinese Medicine to cure almost any kind of disease, has warned me seriously that the radiation would negatively affect my fertilization and become hard to get pregnant later. What happens after I got this advice and saw how carefully the Japanese chose their food? I left the country two weeks earlier. Yes, I changed the plan because I need to think of my chance of giving birth to my kids.

Women, by nature, do carry the duty of reproduction and take care of the family. Therefore the radiation from the disaster left every women there in panic. Not only did they need to check the original souse of the drinking water, but also they need to carry the extra burdens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment